- The 2nd International Saxophone Competition Josip Nochta will be held in Zagreb from 23th to 28th April 2017 at the Academy of Music in Zagreb.
- All saxophonists born on 1st January 1985 and younger may apply.
- Deadline for submitting on-line applications is January 15th 2017. The number of candidates is limited. Candidates who apply earlier obtain preference.
- The Competition falls into three rounds:
1st Round: 3 works in given order up to 20 minutes
2nd Round: 3 works in given order up to 45 minutes
3rd Round – The Finals: Two concertos in given order accompanied by the Zagreb Philharmonic Orchestra.
- The Competition is open to the public.
- Each application must contain the following:
a) a neatly completed application form
b) a recent photo (digital – 300 dpi)
c) a short CV
d) copy of the passport
e) proof of the payment of 120 € paid to the bank account of Zagreb Music Academy at Privredna banka Zagreb, HR6723400091510296977, SWIFT CODE (BIC): PBZGHR2X. In case of withdrawal, subscription money will not be reimbursed.
f) the score of the free choice work for the 2nd Round in PDF format (if the Organizer asks for it)
The Application form has to be sent on-line, and all other documents as an e-mail attachment to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any incorrect information in the Application form will result in disqualification of the candidate.
- Changes regarding the program written in the Application form will not be permitted, except in case of necessity for the free choice work in 2nd Round.
- Only originally printed scores (if published) have to be used for competition.
- Official pianists will be available. Each candidate is allowed a 20 minutes rehearsal for the 1st Round and a 60 minutes rehearsal for the 2nd Round (40 minutes with the pianist, 20 minutes with the Sebastian String Quartet). Eventual additional rehearsals should be settled directly between the pianist and the candidate. The candidate may bring his own pianist at his expense.
- Daily practice according to free place and time, as well as an acoustic check at the competition hall, will be provided for all candidates.
- The Finalists will have one rehearsal with the orchestra.
- The organizer reserves all rights for any kind of audio-video broadcast during all rounds of the Competition without any compensation to the competitors.
- The Jury reserves the right to stop any candidate whose program exceeds the agreed duration without consequences for candidate’s placement.
- Performances will be held in alphabetic order starting with the letter J [ʤej], the 1st letter in JOSIP NOCHTA. The performance order in 2nd Round might be changed by Organizer (depending on the program and the schedule of pianists).
- All candidates have to contact the competition office on May 11th 2017, not later than 8 P.M. (if not agreed otherwise by a special permit of the Organizer).
- The candidates bear the charges for their travel, lodging and food.
- 10 candidates chosen by the Jury will enter 2nd Round, and not more than 4 will proceed to the Finals.
- All candidates will be presented with Certificates of Participation and the Finalists will be presented with a Diploma.
- Possible complaints against Jury decisions will not be taken into consideration.
- By submitting the on-line application, or signing the printed application the candidates indicate that they accept all conditions and decisions of the competition.
- In case of any ambiguities caused by translation, the Croatian text of the Competition rules is considered authoritative.